Deposit, Cancellation and Date Changes
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required upon confirmation of the event.
- If the client cancels within 30 calendar days of the event, the balance is payable to the musicians.
- If the date of the performances changes after the deposit has been paid, a change fee may be applicable. If the new date is not workable for the musicians, then it will be considered a cancellation.
- All performances include 30 minutes of setup prior to the commencement time.
- During a performance there is a grace period of 10 minutes to allow for unforeseen circumstances. However, any unplanned extensions beyond this will be invoiced for in 15 minute blocks at a rate of $30 for solo harp or $60 for flute and harp per 15 minute block.
- A 15 minute break is required for performances of two hours or more in length. This can be timed to coincide with an appropriate moment in the function or event. Please discuss this with the musicians prior to the day.
- Any rehearsals required by the client will be at the cost of the client and must be discussed at the time of booking.
- Travel within the Sydney area is included, and there may be an additional travel fee for performances outside of the Sydney area. Our travel boundaries can be found here.
- For travel greater than 2 hours and 30 minutes, ground floor hotel or motel accommodation is to be provided. The musicians are able to organise this and it will be included on the final invoice.
Venue and Weather Considerations
- Access to parking and an area to unload the harp close to the performance venue is required.
- If the event is not on the ground floor, lift access must be provided. Any stairs on the path between the unloading area and the performance area must be discussed at the time of booking.
- The larger harps prefer a solid, flat surface to perform on. Soft surfaces (such as dirt, sand or grass) are not necessarily suitable for the larger harps, however the smaller harp can still be used.
- Neither the harp or flute can be exposed to direct sunlight, or rain of any form or intensity. If a suitable Venue is not provided, the Performer reserves the right not to endanger themselves and their instruments and not perform. In this instance, the Client will be liable for payment of the balance.
- With all the above conditions, a solution can often be worked out. Please discuss this at the time of booking.
Filming and Photography
- We are very happy to be filmed or photographed, however please advise us of this prior to the day.
- You are welcome to take photos with the harp (e.g. the bridal party after a wedding) as long as it is within the agreed performance period, and we ask if you could please send us an unwatermarked, high resolution copy of the photos (with appropriate photo credit) once you receive them to email@example.com
Sickness and Accidents
- The Performer agrees to meet its obligations under this Agreement subject to legitimate incapacity by sickness or accident. Failure to meet its obligations under this section will result in the Performer returning any and all outstanding deposits to the Client
Indemnification & Permits
- The Performer is responsible only for its own conduct. The Performer will be compensated by the Client for any and all damage done to the Performer’s equipment by the Client, its agents or guests. The Client indemnifies and holds the Performer harmless for any and all property damage or personal injury that results from or is related to the Performance that is not directly caused by the Performer.
- The Client warrants and represents that it has obtained any and all permits, approvals, licenses and variances necessary for the Performance.
- In the event of flood, earthquake, war or civil strife, hurricane, industrial disturbance, strike, fire, lock out, epidemic, failure or delays of scheduled transportation facilities, or death of the Performer, or any of them or other Acts of God or any law, order, decree, rule or regulations of any governmental authority or for any reason whether of a similar or dissimilar nature beyond the control of the parties which in the opinion of either of the parties makes the strict performance of this Agreement undesirable or impossible, the parties shall consult with a view to the modification, reduction or other alteration of the Performance but if after such consultation it is found by the Performer impracticable to commence or proceed with the Performance this Agreement will be terminated and (subject to the other terms and conditions of this Agreement) neither party will have any claim for damages against the other party arising out of the termination of this Agreement. In the event the Performance has commenced but its completion is prevented by force majeure, the Client will remain liable for for that part of the Full Fee applicable to the completed performances.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Unless previously agreed, the equipment and instruments of the musicians performing are not available for use by any other person.
- No part of the Performance may consist of acts in violation of any local laws, codes, statues, ordinances, regulations, rules or any other requirements including building and fire regulations. If the Client violates this section, the Performer may immediately cancel the Performance and this Agreement.
- Headings are inserted for the convenience of the parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine gender include the feminine gender and vice versa. Words in the neuter gender include the masculine gender and feminine gender and vice versa.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and cannot be changed except by written instrument subsequently executed by the parties to this Agreement. All negotiations and understandings have been included in this Agreement. Statements or representations which have been made to the Client by the Performer, or to the Performer by the Client, in the negotiation stages of this Agreement may in some way be inconsistent with this final written contract. All such statements are declared to be of no value in this Agreement. Only the written terms of this Agreement will bind the parties.
- The Performer specifically warrants and represents that all copyrighted material to be performed has been licensed or authorised by the copyright owners or their representatives. The Performer indemnifies the Client for any copyright infringement and any expenses that may result from such copyright infringement during or as a result of the Performance.
- It is the intent of the parties to this Agreement that the Performer is an independent contractor and will control the manner and means of the Performance. The Client will control the scheduling of the Performance. The Performer is not an employee of the Client. The exclusive nature of this Agreement is limited to the duration of the Performance and it is expected that the Performer will enter other similar agreements with other clients
Please, do not ask us to perform for exposure as refusal may offend.
We will happily perform for charity and NFP events, however please contact us for a quote.